No Hype – The Straight Goods on Investing Your Money
by Gail Bebee
Second Edition out of stock, reprinting planned.
To be alerted when more books are available, click here.
- All the investing basics for Canadians from a savvy financial industry outsider
- Get the knowledge you need to cut through financial industry hype and profitably invest your hard-earned money
- Benefit from the author’s years of hard-knocks investingexperience
- Read John Prescott's recent review of
No Hype - The Straight Goods on Investing Your Money.
Read financial blogger Canadian Financial DIY’s review of the second edition of
No Hype- The Straight Goods on Investing Your Money
- Build a successful investment portfolio whether you have $100 or $100,000
- Keep investing costs down
- Pick the best stocks, bonds, mutual funds and exchange-traded funds
- Choose the right financial advisor for you
- Avoid common investing mistakes
- Reduce the tax you pay on investing profits
- Plan your finances for retirement regardless of age
- And much more!
“An excellent overview by a self-taught, empowered investor who wants to help others manage their own investments. I've been searching for a comprehensive Canadian guide for novices and I'm happy to recommend this one.” - Ellen Roseman, Personal finance columnist, Toronto Star
“A must-read for any Canadian interested in taking control of their money.” - David Trahair, author of Smoke & Mirrors: Financial Myths That Will Ruin Your Retirement Dreams
There are many great U.S. books, but few Canadian ones that really cover all the practical stuff [on investing]. You've done a real service by filling this gap.” - Jay Bryan, Business Columnist, The Montreal Gazette
“Too many financial books are by industry practitioners with an axe to grind. This book is an exception since the author is not beholden to the financial industry and indeed delivers the straight goods devoid of hype. Instead of mere information, Gail Bebee provides knowledge you can act on.” - Jonathan Chevreau, Personal finance columnist, The Financial Post; author of Findependence Day
For consumers and investors, Gail Bebee is a friend and advocate. Her book succeeds in demystifying the world of financial products and services, providing many valuable tips on how you can save time and money. - Rudy Luukko, Editor, Investment and Personal Finance, Morningstar Canada